[tog] CryptoParty + Open Social

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:40:00 CET 2020

Hello all,

This Saturday 15th of February, we will be hosting a CryptoParty at 6
pm. It is a decentralized movement with events happening all over the
world. The goal is to pass on knowledge about protecting yourself in
the digital space. This can include encrypted communication,
preventing being tracked while browsing the web, and general security
advice regarding computers and smartphones. No experience is
necessary. The idea here is for everyone to learn and share knowledge
and the event is aimed at people who have no experience. We will be
recommending free and open-source software. To try the tools and apps
directly at the CryptoParty, bring your laptop or smartphone.
https://www.tog.ie/2020/02/cryptoparty-learn-about-online-safety-and-security-for-free/

After/ carrying on from the CryptoParty at 7 pm will be our normal
monthly open social night. If the weather is not too bad we will have
the pizza oven going. You can expect some great chats about projects,
hardware and all things making.
https://www.meetup.com/Tog-Dublin-Hackerspace/events/268585935/