[tog] Lockpicking advice

gerryk gerryk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:23:29 CEST 2020

I have locks like these. They are wafer locks. They have quite a heavy
spring on the wafers, so they take a bit of effort to pick, but they are
doable. I tried one with a rake pick and it took a minute or so to get it
open.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 at 11:12, Chris Hancock via tog <tog at lists.tog.ie>
wrote:

> Might be possible. First thing I'd try is a bump pick, which is just a
> slightly bump piece of metal that you jiggle around  while putting light
> pressure on eotating the lock in hope that the pins jiggle into place.
>
> On Thu, 9 Apr 2020, 21:11 Tanya Branagan via tog, <tog at lists.tog.ie>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Does anyone know if and how you can pick these type of window locks? Mine
>> have randomly locked themselves and it's getting hot.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Tanya

[image: --]
Gerry Kavanagh
[image: https://]about.me/gerrykavanagh
<https://about.me/gerrykavanagh?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>

Verify my identity at https://keybase.io/gerryk
Contact me securely at gerryk at protonmail.com
Download my public key from https://gerryk.com/secure/
My BTC Wallet *3LVSiRc8CRffUsRZKFtfJwGLww3dGFxdc2*