[tog] Science Week: Lightning Talks

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:02:00 CET 2019

Hello all,

Science Week takes place this year from 10th till the 17th of
November. Events are happening all over the country that ranges from
workshops, site visits, lectures and everything in between.
scienceweek.ie

In Tog, we are teaming up with Young Engineers (YES) – Engineers
Ireland to host a night of lightning talks on Thursday the 14th of
November from 7 pm. Each talk will last just 15 minutes where the
speakers will talk about what they are passionate about. We will have
a diverse range of topics with six speakers on the night.

Please RSVP via Eventbrite to give us an idea of numbers by following this link.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/science-week-lightning-talks-tickets-79190556085

Speakers

Talk Title: Are groundwater supplies reservoirs for Superbugs?
in global groundwater supplies, potential factors driving it and why
that represents an issue.
Speaker Name: Luisa Andrade

Talk Title: Looking down on Marconi – Radio but not as he knew it!
long-distance communications so only fitting that precisely 101 years
after a historic first successful communication from Wales to
Australia we celebrate his memory doing something amazing with radio.
How we built an ultra-long-range IPV6 meshed network using rapidly
evolving microcontroller-based IoT technology. The title is not as it
seems!
Speaker Name: Garry Keogh
Twitter: @garrypkeogh

Talk Title: Defense in depth an open source perspective on building
cybersecurity infrastructure.
can be brought together and used to build superior secure
infrastructure.
Speaker Name: Seb Dooris
Twitter: @SebDooris

Talk Title: HackerSpace.ie
support existing Hackerspaces and help them to grow.
Speaker Name: Garreth Eccleston
Facebook: https://facebook.com/HackerSpaceIE

Talk Title: The cell therapy revolution: arming the immune system.
immune cells are empowered to fight cancer and other diseases.
Speaker Name: Valeria Annibaldi

More speakers to follow.