[tog] Events This September

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:47:34 CEST 2018

*Electronics and Micro Controller Night:* Runs on Mondays, the 10th and
24th September at 7pm. Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, and Intel Galileos are just
some of the things you can work on down here, or try our introductions to
electronics worksheet. Recommended you bring your own laptop.

*Lock Picking:* Runs on Mondays, the 17th of September at 7 pm. Come down
and try your hand at cracking open tumbler, tubular or warded locks.

*Craft Night:* Runs on Wednesdays, the 19th September at 7 pm. Knitting?
Crochet? Embroidery? Laser cutting? 3D printing? Join us and work on
something you know, or learn something you don't.

*The Science Fiction Book Club* will meet on Wednesday 26th September. This
month's book is *The Shockwave Rider* by John Brunner, published in 1975.
Cake will be available.

*Open Social:* Runs on Saturday the 15th of September at 7 pm. Join us for
an evening of conversations, games and our glorious handmade wood-fired
pizza.

*Coding:* Runs on Mondays, the 17th September at 7 pm. Come down and work
on a project or help others with theirs. Laptop of your own pretty much
essential, and bring your own project.

*Wikipedia Editing:* Runs on Wednesday the 26th September at 7pm. Ever
wondered how to get started editing Wikipedia? Come along and will get you
adding to the world's largest open collaborative knowledge project. All are
welcome, no editing experience is necessary and the event is free, just
turn up with a laptop to start editing.

We are taking part in *Dublin Culture Night* again this year, Friday 21st
September. https://culturenight.ie/event/tog-hackerspace/

TOG will have a stand at this year's *EU Contest for Young Scientists *with
thanks to SFI, https://www.eucys2018.com, which runs from 14th to 18th of
September at the RDS, Merrion Road, Ballsbridge. We will be there from
Saturday 15th to Monday 17th September, showcasing a range of projects and
activities which will include a constellation umbrella, bone conduction,
boat models, wearables and interactive games.