[tog] What Tog is upto in November

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:17:25 CET 2018

Hello all,

Check out the following events we are hosting or will be showcasing at.

*Lock Picking*: Our lock picking get-togethers are on *every second Monday*,
the *12th* and *26th* *November* at *7pm*. We provide the locks, the tools,
and the know-how. Basic lock picking sets are available for purchase.

*Craft Night, CAD Night*: Runs on *alternate Wednesdays*, the* 7th* and
*21st* *November* at *7pm*. Knitting? Crochet? Embroidery? Getting ready
for Christmas? We offer sewing machines, glue guns, expertise and
encouragement. We also cover computer-based ‘crafting’ like CAD/CAM
software, 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC routing.

*Electronics and Micro Controller Night*: Runs every non-lock-picking
* Monday*, the *5th* and *19th November* at *7pm*. Arduinos, Raspberry Pis
and Intel Galileos are just some of the things you can work on down here,
or try our introductions to electronics worksheet. You should bring your
own laptop or notebook computer.

*Open Social*: This month the Open Social will be on *Saturday* the *24th
November* at* 7pm.* Join us for an evening of conversations and games.

*Coding*: Runs on the same *Mondays* as lock picking, the *12th* and *26th
November* at *7pm*. Come down and work on a project or help others with
theirs. Laptop of your own pretty much essential, and bring your own
project.

The *Science Fiction Book Club* will meet on *Wednesday 28th November*. We
are reading Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin. There will be some
sort of cake.

*Wikipedia Editing*: Runs on *Wednesday 28th November* at 7pm. Ever
wondered how to get started editing Wikipedia? Come along and will get you
adding to the world’s largest open collaborative knowledge project. All are
welcome, no editing experience is necessary and the event is free, just
turn up with a laptop to start editing.

*Science Week Talks*: *Thursday 15th November* – A night of short talks on
a range of topics with YES (Young Engineers Society).
https://www.tog.ie/2018/11/science-week-lightning-talks/

*Science Week Family Day* in DCC: Family fun day, *Saturday 17th November
11:30-17:00*. We hope to have a stand with usual demos.
https://www.tog.ie/2018/11/dublin-science-week-family-open-day/

*OpenStreetMap Mapathon*: planned for *Saturday 24th November*.
https://www.tog.ie/2018/10/openstreetmap-meetup-and-mapillary-workshop/

*Make your own Films! *Kino Kabaret. A weekend filmmaking hackathon.
*Weekend 9th-11th
November *
*https://www.tog.ie/2018/10/kino-kabaret-filmmaking-hackathon-in-tog/*
<https://www.tog.ie/2018/10/kino-kabaret-filmmaking-hackathon-in-tog/>