[tog] Request for advice: Recommendation for a home NAS?

gerryk gerryk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 20:24:34 CET 2018

+1 for HP Microserver.
I have a G7 that has been running 24x7 for about 3 years.
I have about 8TB, in the form of 4x 3TB in RAID10 and 4x 1TB 2.5" in a
small bay that takes the place of the optical drive.
8GB RAM installed. Runs CentOS 7.something with 2x VMs for Asterisk and
sabnzbd etc.
/ Gerry

On 4 January 2018 at 16:44, John P. Looney via tog <tog at lists.tog.ie> wrote:

>  HP Microservers are wonderful, and even better if you get a rebate.
>
>  The Gen8 ones are cheap, and if you decide you need a far bigger CPU
> (handy for Plex Transcoding), you can swap one out for something better.
>
>  FreeNAS is supposed to be low-effort. I went mad and ended up putting
> NixOS+ZFS on mine, so I could experiment. :)
>
> John

[image: --]
Gerry Kavanagh
[image: https://]about.me/gerrykavanagh
<https://about.me/gerrykavanagh?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>

Verify my identity at https://keybase.io/gerryk
Contact me securely at secure at gerryk.com
Download my public key from http://gerryk.com/secure
My BTC Wallet *17WXaNeswknEqNTyW77hbgjXNTwo3fEL7u*