[tog] Request for advice: Recommendation for a home NAS?

Roc Vall├Ęs vallesroc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 17:14:34 CET 2018

Hi Mike,

I'd strongly suggest the FreeNAS route with ZFS. Go Z3 or mirrowed Z2.

Btrfs is a joke, and FSs without snapshots nor data checksumming aren't
worth considering at this point in time.

lian-li makes some nice cases that could be used for this with some
cheapish ryzen, but so far I have personally only seen freenas setups on
2U/3U rack servers with supermicro boards.

Regards,
Roc.