[tog] PCB manufacturers

Daniel Cussen dan at post.com
Fri Feb 9 13:38:03 CET 2018

In terms of PCB software eagle is popular with makers and free for small
boards. There is lots of files and samples online

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/using-eagle-schematic

It is not open source.

Rob uses an open source package, all open source packages have quirks and
problem, no one has shone ahead.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_EDA_software

If you have never designed a PCB before I would recommend to get someone to
do it for you/help using their preferred package.

In terms of manufacturing PCBs we have made our own. Irishish is PCB pool

http://www.pcb-pool.com

If you want lower cost there is

https://dirtypcbs.com/store/pcbs

Turnaround time is the main cost factor.

If you need complicated components mounted, that is an additional task.