[tog] This August In Tog

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:54:24 CEST 2018

Hello all,

Craft Night: Runs on Wednesdays, the 8th and the 22nd August at 7pm.
Knitting? Crochet? Embroidery? Laser cutting? 3D printing? Join us and work
on something you know, or learn something you don't.

We are supporting the great Dublin Raspberry Pi Jam crew to put on their
first jam. It will be hosted in the Science Gallery on Saturday August 11th
from 12:30. You can join the waiting list on the main event page ->
https://ti.to/dublin-raspberry-pi-jam/first-pi-jam

Electronics and Micro Controller Night: Runs on Mondays, the 13th and 27th
of August at 7pm. Arduinos, Raspberry Pis and Intel Galileos are just some
of the things you can work on down here, or try our introductions to
electronics worksheet. Recommended you bring your own laptop.

The Science Fiction Book Club gets ambitious this month, we've chosen two
Philip K. Dick novels: A Scanner Darkly from 1977, and Do Androids Dream of
Electric Sheep?, the inspiration for the 1982 classic filmBladerunner. The
meeting to talk about them is the last Wednesday of the month, 29th August.

Lock-Picking: Runs on Monday 20th of August at 7pm. Come down and try your
hand at cracking open tumbler, tubular or warded locks.

Open Social: Runs on Saturday the 18th of August at 7pm. Join us for an
evening of conversations, games and our glorious hand made wood fired pizza.

Coding: Runs on Monday 20th of August at 7pm. Come down and work on a
project or help others with theirs. Laptop and project of your own
recommended.

Wikipedia Editing: Runs on Wednesday the 29th of August at 7pm. Ever
wondered how to get started editing Wikipedia? Come along and will get you
adding to the world's largest open collaborative knowledge project. All are
welcome, no editing experience is necessary and the event is free, just
turn up with a laptop to start editing.

If you happen to visit EMF Camp <https://www.emfcamp.org/> from the 31st of
August, be sure to drop by the Irish Embassy.

Remember, TOG is run by members, if you want to get involved and help run
events + get full access to the workshop and facilities, talk to any member
about joining.