[tog] Help with recovering data from eMMC/dead phone

Martín Ferrari tincho at tincho.org
Wed Mar 29 19:51:30 CEST 2017

Hey all,

I've spent many hours fighting a Nexus 5 that won't boot nor enter
recovery mode. The bootloader is locked so I can't flash a new recovery
without losing all the data (many pictures, not backed up), so it seems
I am out of options.

It seems de-soldering the eMMC is out of the question, and JTAG does not
seem to be supported either. I've read somewhere that an ISP could be
used, but did not find any details.

Does anybody here have an ISP that might work with this, or any other ideas?

Thanks.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)