[tog] Drone security resources

Diarmaid McManus diarmaidmcmanus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:48:47 CET 2016


Samy Kamkar (of myspace worm fame) has written a tool called SkyJack, which
attempts to hijack drones. http://samy.pl/skyjack/

On 23 February 2016 at 15:11, Sebastian Bandycki <seb at haxtron.com> wrote:

> So, I was doing small research for my own drone project regarding this
> topic.
> Didn't have enough time to dig it enough, but there is open source
> SMACCMPilot which was created to address some security issues:
>
> http://smaccmpilot.org/
>
> This project is part of DARPA’s High Assurance Cyber Military Systems,
> If you decide to go this route, my advice would be also look at ROS (Robot
> Operating System) which can be used as framework and have some bindings for
> Haskell language (SMACCPilot is based on it).
>
> http://www.ros.org/
>
> As far I know ROS was using by guys from lily camera drone - just btw
>
> Enjoy,
> Seb
>
>
>
> Sebastian
>
>
> --
>
> +353 866019005
> sbandycki at haxtron.com
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Kieran O'Sullivan <whoiskieran at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Anti-Theft is one thing but I am also interested in securing the system
>> of signals that are sent to the drone from the controlling device.
>>
>> There are also other things like preventing the drone from flying too
>> high or what happens when a drone flies out of range.
>> I am looking at other sources for this info and I will re-post what I
>> find but if anyone here has done any of this that experience would be grate.
>>
>>
>> "In such an ugly time the true protest is beauty." Phil Ochs
>>
>> "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the
>> poor have no food, they call me a communist."  Hélder Câmara
>>
>> "We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the
>> victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie
>> Wiesel )
>>
>> "Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
>>
>> "When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
>> to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "
>>
>> Gandalf, paraphrasing the choice between Free and Non-free software.
>>
>> Kieran O'Sullivan
>> 66 Edenmore Avenue Raheny Dublin 5
>> Mobile: +353(0)876187680
>>
>> ===========================================================================
>>
>>
>> On 23 February 2016 at 14:24, Sebastian Bandycki <seb at haxtron.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Kieran,
>>>
>>> What kind of security you looking for, something like ant-thief
>>> system/insurance?
>>> Or rather software/connection/construction related?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Seb
>>>
>>>
>>> Sebastian
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> +353 866019005
>>> sbandycki at haxtron.com
>>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Kieran O'Sullivan <
>>> whoiskieran at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi TOG
>>>> Has anyone on this list got a drone and did they secure it.
>>>>
>>>> I am looking at drone security at the moment.  A friend of mine has a
>>>> drone "quad copter" and I was going to play with that see what could be
>>>> done with it.
>>>> Any good resources on resource web sites would also be helpful.
>>>> I will lot you know my progress.
>>>> I imagine that the more expensive the drone the better the options.
>>>>
>>>> Yes I am aware that drone is a rather generic term.
>>>>
>>>> "In such an ugly time the true protest is beauty." Phil Ochs
>>>>
>>>> "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the
>>>> poor have no food, they call me a communist."  Hélder Câmara
>>>>
>>>> "We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the
>>>> victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie
>>>> Wiesel )
>>>>
>>>> "Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
>>>>
>>>> "When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
>>>> to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "
>>>>
>>>> Gandalf, paraphrasing the choice between Free and Non-free software.
>>>>
>>>> Kieran O'Sullivan
>>>> 66 Edenmore Avenue Raheny Dublin 5
>>>> Mobile: +353(0)876187680
>>>>
>>>> ===========================================================================
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> tog mailing list
>>>> tog at lists.tog.ie
>>>> https://lists.tog.ie/mailman/listinfo/tog
>>>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>>>>  https://lists.tog.ie//mailman/listinfo/tog
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> tog mailing list
> tog at lists.tog.ie
> https://lists.tog.ie/mailman/listinfo/tog
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>  https://lists.tog.ie//mailman/listinfo/tog
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.tog.ie/pipermail/tog/attachments/20160223/d16727b6/attachment.html>


More information about the tog mailing list