[tog] Nichrome wire

Mike Hibbett mike.hibbett at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:33:48 CEST 2015

>What you cutting, modellng polystyrene?

yes, and also expanded polystyrene. I built a simple PWM controller
switching a 12v 5A power supply.
Different settings need between the two - the setting for modelling
polystyrene evaporates the expanded stuff like candyfloss.

It's original use was for cutting cheap foam car wash sponges to make parts
for drum pads.