[tog] Nichrome wire

Gary Cooke garycookex at eircom.net
Fri May 29 14:59:47 CEST 2015

yes, go for it.

Use a variable power supply to see what you need. Typically you need just a few volts but relatively high current......a few amps. Depends on the wire thickness. Bit of trial and error.

Is guitar wire stainless? Trouble with ordinary wire is that its resistance changes too much with temp and so hard to control. Nichrome doesn't change resistance much I think.