[tog] [Event] Premiere Screening - Game Loading: The Rise of the Indies (Fri May 29th)

Vicky Twomey-Lee whykay at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:22:56 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'm delighted to announce a special event and would like to invite all you
game-makers, gamers, everyone who is curious about games to come along to
the premiere screening of *Game Loading: Rise of the Indies
<http://www.gameloading.tv/>*.

When: Friday, 29th May 2015 (18:00)
Where: Science Gallery, Dublin
Price: EUR5.00
Tickets:
https://dublin.sciencegallery.com/events/2015/05/gameloadingriseindies

Why? It's my way of saying thanks to each and all of the awesome Irish
indies for being so welcoming and supportive of the game-related events
I've been involved with over the last few years. And also show everyone how
fantastic the community are. :-D

And we can all head over the pub afterwards. Pub venue TBD.

More info about the movie
====================
GameLoading: Rise of the Indies, a feature documentary exploring the world
of indie game developers – their craft, their games, their dreams, and how
they have forever changed the landscape of games culture. Disrupting the
big-budget industry, indie games have altered the art form through their
innovative, varied and personal games. Small teams of passionate and
creative developers are offering an alternate voice to players.
GameLoading: Rise of the Indies aims to capture this pivotal point in
history, where video games have become more personal than ever before.

The film aims to showcase a wide variety of indie developers behind some of
the most important games of the past few years and take a broad snapshot of
this diverse, creative community on an international scale.

*GameLoading: Rise of the Indies* features interviews with a mix of
high-profile and up-and-coming indie developers and industry figures,
including:

   - Rami Ismail (Vlambeer)
   - Davey Wreden (The Stanley Parable)
   - Christine Love (Analogue: A Hate Story)
   - Trent Kusters (Armello)
   - Lucas Pope (Papers, Please)
   - John Romero and Tom Hall (id Software founders)
   - Nina Freeman (Code Liberation)
   - Jens Bergensten (Minecraft)
   - Richard Hofmeier (Cart Life)
   - Zoe Quinn (Depression Quest)
   - Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) and dozens more

About the Filmmakers
=================
*StudioBento* is Lester Francois and Anna Brady, two indie filmmakers from
Melbourne, Australia. They are passionate gamers and are also fascinated by
indie subcultures in music and art, and are interested in examining where
and how those fields intersect.

Please pass the word around, all are welcome to join us and wander into the
world of indie games. Plus I am working on getting a special guest over
that evening, will confirm that when I get thumbs up from all. :-)

Cheers,

/// Vicky

about.me/whykay

[image: Vicky Lee on about.me]