[tog] Inspirefest 2015 – Family Fringe

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:18:20 CEST 2015

Hello all,

Inspirefest is a two day technology conference taking place on
18th-19th of June in the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre. The conference has
a strong focus on STEM and diversity. To go along with the conference,
there is a host of fringe events taking place in Merrion Square. We
are proud to be taking part in the Family Fringe event on 20th of
June.

We have joined forces with Intel and Girls Hack Ireland to create Stop
the Lights workshop. The workshop will give insights into the basics
of using the Intel Galileo, an Arduino-compatible designed right here
in Ireland. Participant’s will get their hands on LED’s, buttons and
buzzers, to create a traffic light animation.

The workshop is open to all aged between 15 and 17 and is most
suitable for participants who have some prior coding experience.
Participants are not required to bring their own laptop or materials