[tog] UPS for my House / Off Grid System

Cian Masterson cian.masterson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:17:00 CEST 2015

I looked at getting a wind turbine up a pole in my back garden a few years
back and the problem at the time was that you had to have enough space
around the pole that if it fell over it'd still be on your land. I have the
phrase "the height and a half away from the boundary" in my head but that
could be wrong. My garden is very long but only ~15m wide so I was dead in
the water there.  The exception seemed to be if it was mounted on the
house, but the units you mount on the roof of your house were very
inefficient and essentially pointless so I gave up.

This was about 10 years ago so all of the above could be out of date.
[Citation needed] and all of that. Would be interested to hear how you get
on.

Slan,
Cian