[tog] [091labs-private] posture sensors

myr iammyr at email.com
Wed Apr 8 12:20:29 CEST 2015

Hi Gerry, Will and Gleb,

thanks a million for your help! I've checked out kinect because I
remembered that a couple of years ago, I saw a version of kinect to
apply directly on the hand and track finger movements. However, i could
not find it anywhere (maybe it's not yet in production).

that one would have been something to consider. while the usual kinect
or another external camera, would not be feasible because this solution
should track the position everywhere. it should be wearable. at list
ideally, this is how i was planning to deploy it. i've seen some
wearable devices to track movements so it should be possible to do what
i have in mind. however, they usually do not consider the "angle".
correct me if i'm wrong. maybe i'd only need to hack one of them to add
the angle detection. i'd love to know whether any of you has a more
precise idea than mine on how to achieve this :) or wants to help ;p

Thanks a lot!
Myriam