[tog] Project Update: Tog Terminal

Schrodinger schrodinger at konundrum.org
Mon Sep 30 15:33:59 IST 2013

On 2013/09/30 15:19, digi hobo wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I knew a guy who had a kinder toy that had a led, and for every http hit to his
> server, it lit up.
> You could see when google was spidering the server, as the toy would pulse
> crazy. But then, he had his server under his desk, so was easier to output from
> it.
>
> Suppose could write a script to parse the access log and send request to a
> board in tog? I have a bifferboard am not really using.

An issue here would be latency, this would be almost real time
processing of the access logs and a sudden burst of spider traffic or
the /. affect to the site could cause a lot of IO and bursts of packets
to the receiving hardware. None of this is essentially a problem, it's
just gain and benefit / purpose type of ecumenical matter.

Maybe having it flash N numbers of times per X minutes. Where N is the
number of hits in the last X.

Schrodinger.
MSN: schro5 at hotmail.com
ICQ: 112562229