[tog] Tog Terminal: Touch Screen Monitor

Rebecca Yates rebecca at ryates.me.uk
Sun Sep 29 01:03:57 IST 2013

A suggestion: have the kiosk connect (as "TogKiosk" or whatever) to the
IRC channel, and passers-by can chat in #tog as usual via the keyboard.
Then mount a light on top of the stand which flashes whenever anyone
talks to TogKiosk, thus solving the problem of people in #tog trying to
get the attention of people in the space and getting no reply until
those people get home again. (Plus introducing more people to the channel.)

(Yes, they could have just called the space on the phone, but where's
the fun in that?)

The light would need to be disconnectable for talks, and maybe the kiosk
only connects to #tog when the door switch is OPEN so that it's still
possible to be in the space in stealth mode.