[tog] Tog Terminal: Touch Screen Monitor

chris harrington christopher.harrington1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:05:37 IST 2013

Hi,

(I've never posted to the mailing list, so Hello everyone)

Anyway, probably not what you had in mind but have you considered the fact
that a lot of people now carry touch screens in their pocket? An
Android/iPhone app could do what you need with the added bonus of the
possibility to deploy it on an app store to provide info to new comers on
their personal devices. (having travel info in tog doesn't really help
people get there, I mean they've already gotten there by then)

Chinese knock off tablets are surprisingly not terrible and relatively
cheap, could mount one on a wall/in a table, wherever.

There's a bunch of other stuff that could be stuck in an app too,calendar
of events, those measurements of the beer for the brewers to keep up to
date with, authenticate users in the app and build some sort of remote
unlock for the front gate, whack an IRC client into it.....

Just thought I throw that out there.