[tog] potential coder meet-up group?

Schrodinger schrodinger at konundrum.org
Sat Oct 12 13:36:58 IST 2013

On 2013/10/11 23:37, Richie wrote:
> On 11/10/13 11:48, Aoife Hughes wrote:
> > I can second the recommendations for the OSS night.
> >
> > Currently, I don't have a laptop to work on my personal projects in the
> > space, but I do still go to the nights and float around in case anyone
> > wants a sounding board for what they're trying to do, or need some help
> > with programming or the like.
> >
> > I love hearing about people's projects, and like to try and help. I'm good
> > with python, general unixy stuff, and some moderate shell scripting
> > (although I'm not going to write a json parser in bash any time soon). And
> > I have some basic experience with c and perl.
> >
> > So yeah, I'm happy to help out at OSS nights if you need me.
> >
> > Aoife
>
> There's a spare laptop in the space, IIRC. So if you want to bring a USB
> key and help yourself, I doubt anyone would have a problem...

Yep there's laptops that a member left in TOG and are running Linux Mint
I believe. Everyone is very welcome to use them.

I'm absolutely ecstatic to see the enthusiasm at the coding night. WOO!
I'm not much of a full time coder, mostly hacking scripts together in
Perl|Bash|SH|(g?)AWK I might show people some awk. AWK is a lot more
than just one liners to replace `cut` ;)

https://konundrum.org/ordinance/apacheetcpasswd.awk

Julie - no I won't hurry up and make Togduck open source :P

Anyone interested in a git repo in the space?

Schrodinger.
MSN: schro5 at hotmail.com
ICQ: 112562229
GPG: http://www.konundrum.org/schro.asc