[tog] potential coder meet-up group?

Sean Nicholls seannicholls at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:18:53 IST 2013

Given the kind of feedback I'm getting on and off list, this definitely seems to be something worthwhile doing.

There are some questions around how to go about it though, with everyone at different skill levels and a good mix of different languages, I wonder what the best approach to take would be.

Becky - when you mentioned Arduino it had me wondering if there was a way to have an ongoing Arduino related project which has some basic electronics and software requirements. That way you keep the skilled programmers interested and the rest will be able to focus on some of the more basic concepts.

I think a project would be good as it provides some immediate direction for people who wouldn't be sure what they wanted to work on, but wanted to improve their skills, it also has a certain obvious progress to it. Yet I wonder would it put people off from joining in later on.

I'm not sure, any thoughts?