[tog] potential coder meet-up group?

Julie Pichon julie.pichon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:00:11 IST 2013

On 11 October 2013 08:59, Jacob Thomas <contact at duckvionics.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested. Getting more into programming, but have a bit of
> experience with Lua and some of the more obscure languages. Only worry I'd
> have about this is if it turned into open source night, where people just
> sit around talking about nothing, instead of actually coding or
> contributing.

There's also been real OSS contributions coming out of open-source
night. Being in Tog is inherently social, we can't nor do we want to
prevent people from chatting about things during an open event night.
Whether people choose to focus on the theme and do something, or have
a chat with the like-minded people around is up to them.

I know some people strive better in more structured events/workshops,
so perhaps that's a call for a programming meetup to be more like
that. Either way I'll probably be around to give a hand, as someone
somewhat knowledgeable in Python.

Julie