[tog] potential coder meet-up group?

Richie richie at netsoc.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 10 22:54:49 IST 2013

On 10/10/13 00:08, Sean Nicholls wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are you interested in a programming based meet-up in Tog?
>
> I've heard from a couple of people recently that they would like a regular group in Tog that would be programming-oriented, with a heavy bent on helping out the newbies.
>
> I know myself it was a hard slog to get past that initial learning curve, and I think thats what people are asking for - to be able to meet-up and talk code, at every level, but also to help each other out with difficult problems.
>
> So I'm open to running this group - putting my hat in the ring as it were, but I'd like to see a show of interest to know how many people would be interested in this kind of thing, also what your skill level is at.
>
> I think if we can get a decent mix, its worth doing - if its all newbies and no 'know it alls', it won't be very productive.
>
> thoughts?
>
> Sean

Yeah, I'd be up for it; I've software projects I'm continually not
finding the time for, so it'd be nice to block out some time.

Programming level: intermediate-but-rusty in a couple of languages;
current project is in Python, I occasionally have to use Java in work, C
was my preferred language for a few years. Have tags of Perl and a
couple of others.