[tog] Introduction

Dave Clarke dave.p.clarke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:48:00 GMT 2013

Hello all,
Just joined this mailing list this week, and planning on coming along to
the coder night tonight. I thought I'd introduce myself before coming along.

I have a degree in physics and currently doing a PhD in computer science,
and also lecturing and teaching programming in UCD.

I got an Arduino for christmas almost 2 years ago, and it sat idle for 6
months. Then got the idea of making 2 LED light suits for Electric Picnic
(mark I). I hadn't done any soldering at all before this. It was such a
success I made 6 more (mark II) for going as performers to festivals this
summer.
There is a few photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/LEDFantastic/photos_stream

It's fully interactive (rotary encoders & pressure sensors), and powered by
Arduino compatable controller (Teensy3). If you are interested, I'll bring
it along tonight and give a demo. Can also show you the code that runs it
all if you like.

I program in C, C++ (and arduino), Python, Ruby, and happy to help out.

See you then,
Dave