[tog] Info

Daniel Cussen dan at post.com
Wed Nov 6 23:30:17 GMT 2013

Hi Conor,

TOG has an old Makerbot which you could use to at least learn the
basics before forking out on you own unit. A decision to which model
should not be taken litely. There is ultimakers available to the
public via a shop in Rathmines also. The TOG members reckon a laser
cutter is more useful day to day and we are currently building our
own.

There was a fabri-con a while ago, not held in our space, and I am
sure this will happen again. This allows people with printers to show
them off and discuss the various merits. Often you get what you pay
for, and so it is often better to buy a more expensive printer as a
group or just buy time on a good quality unit. It might be also worth
factoring in cost of training in 3D graphics as that is often what
limits people from making more prints. When our printer is working, it
is often lack of 3D designs that stops it being used.

Dan