[tog] AR Drone in TOG

Sean Nicholls seannicholls at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:53:43 GMT 2013

Hi All,

Some of you may recall the previous test flight of the Drone with Mr. James
Pond as test pilot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBYsXOCqHic

You may even remember the fateful crash on the stairs which put that drone
out of commission, and all drone related activities on hold for a few
months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFXzUAG8Ly0

It took way too long, but I got it replaced recently!

So after last night's lock picking event, we finally got to take the Drone
for another test flight! Deciding to test out its lifting capabilities, we
used the most obvious standard unit of measure for Tog; one metric duck.
which we ended up calling Ming:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seannicholls/8553343051/in/photostream

You can see the full flight here, and as you might expect, not everything
went exactly to plan....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nE6bU5Jguc

Sean

Ps.

I'm tempted to do more regular drone related stuff in Tog, whether it's
programming the AR Drone using Node.js or other stuff. If you're
interested, get in touch, maybe we can sort out a drone related night
sometime.