[tog] Linux Auth Methods

Schrodinger schrodinger at konundrum.org
Mon Jun 24 09:10:18 IST 2013

Hey Owen,

On 2013/06/23 20:18, Owen Corcoran wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Any one know any good links/resources on setting up Linux authentication
> methods IE Ive setup our linux (Redhat 6.0) boxes to authenticate users off
> active directory .
>
> Having some issues with login timeouts ie when a user is trying to authenticate
> it seems to be waiting for a defined period (30seconds) before it uses the
> active directory server. I'm sure its some preference setting within the
> authentication setup.

I have setup Linux to auth from an LDAP source before. Your PAM setup
would be trying traditional UNIX files for auth and then when the
authentication fails it eventually moves off to AD.

http://datadyne.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/red-hat-authentication-to-active-directory/

Schrodinger.
MSN: schro5 at hotmail.com
ICQ: 112562229