[tog] (no subject)

Cian Masterson cian.masterson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:29:30 GMT 2013

I don't have a clue about moulding or resin but the dude from Volpin Props
has some pretty in-depth writeups on how he makes his props on his blog.
 May be of use?

Here are some daggers he moulded in resin:
http://www.volpinprops.com/heis-daggers-darker-than-black/
The gun from portal:  http://www.volpinprops.com/portal-gun-for-childs-play/
Daft Punk helmet with lots of detail about moulding:
http://www.volpinprops.com/daft-punk-helmet-part-2/

And this is unlikely to be relevant to your build but his "Big Daddy"
costume from BioShock has to be seen to be believed:
http://www.volpinprops.com/aquarium-photoshoot/

Slan,
Cian

On 29 January 2013 18:18, Sophie O'Gara <ravingsohma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to make a blue clear resin replica of the bow and arrow from
> the picture below.
>  I want to put LEDs into the middle of the bow as well and the arrow so it
> will glow.
>  I'm going to make a clay model of the bow and arrow which I then want to
> mold so I can pour the clear blue resin into the mold to create the bow.
> Does anyone in TOG have any experience in mold making or know where would
> be a good place to start?
>  What would be the best way to go about making the mold so that it would
> be in 3d?
> Would resin be the best way to do this or would it possibly be too heavy?
>
>  Pic: http://zwyll.org/external/lol/champions_eu/Ashe_Splash_0.jpg
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sophie
>
> --
> Sophie O'Gara

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set
 fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
          --  Terry Pratchett