[tog] Christmas present suggestions for a handyman

kevin nally zombiekirby1990 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:25:59 GMT 2012

Dear Tog
It's christmas time and I need help finding a good present for my Dad. I
have not been great in the past and so I am deciding to crowd-source ideas
for a decent present.
This year I would like to get him a project that he could work on and get
some genuine satisfaction out of rather than a default 20euro dvd from HMV
which is why I am contacting TOG! The creative engineering hivemind! My dad
is a bit of a handyman and in his youth was a technician for eircom so I
think he would blend in quite easily with the Tog mentality. Today he is a
consultant project manager but still enjoys using his hands-on skills when
he can. This is evidenced by the digital amphitheatre that is our TV room.
He rarely gets to talk about his technical skills at home so a project
present might give him the oppurtunity to do that.  I think it would be new
territory in terms of present giving but I'd much rather take the risk than
give a lame unthoughtful present.  One quick warning though is that my dad
is very busy in general with work so anything that requires very long
intensive periods of time may turn him off
So, TOG elves can you please help? I'd really appreciate some suggestions
for presents. Things you wish you could get your hands on or past presents
that you really enjoyed. Maybe even some suggestions of presents NOT to get
:D This email may even help some other people out there looking for ideas
for presents.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I apologise for those that see
this as spam.
Merry Christmas all!

Kev