[tog] connecting to hackerspaces in Northwest England?

Jodi Schneider jschneider at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 12:55:22 GMT 2012

Adrian is one of the people behind DoES Liverpool, the hackerspace I've been visiting here. This note (below) about a workshop he's running in Manchester reminded me that I've been wanting to see about making more connections between the hackerspaces in Northwest England and in Ireland.
Flights and ferries are cheap and there are lots of common interests.

When I'm back in Liverpool I could host folks from Irish hackerspaces, if anybody wants to consider giving a workshop here.

I'd also love to get Adrian and others over to Ireland. he runs a free Howduino workshop --
http://www.howduino.com/default.aspx
Would folks be interested in having him do something like that here in Ireland?

Here's one of my favorite of his projects:
http://bubblino.com/
Adrian is currently writing a book for Wiley on the internet-of-things. I think he'd be interesting for many folks to talk to, especially electronics geeks.

-Jodi