[tog] Security Series: Security Shepherd CTF next Wednesday

Martin Mitchell jester.ie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:27:48 GMT 2012

On Wednesday the 14th of March, we are going to demo Security Shepard to
the public.

Security Shepherd is a 4th year project created by DIT Student Mark
Denihan. The purpose of this application is to educate people about Web
Application Security. It involves a series of levels that each user works
their way through. Each level has information about the type of attack that
a user reads before attempting the attack. Previously DIT students have had
a chance to work through the levels, I think it would be a great evening to
see how many levels we can get through. I have played it myself and it is a
good challenge.

Required for this night is :
Your own laptop, Firefox, Java 6 JRE, BurpSuite (free version).

Attendees of all levels should attend. Mark and myself will be on-hand to
give extra tip's and explanations if required.

Please reply to me directly to express your interest so I can see how many
extra chairs I'll have to put out. Reduce SPAM on the list :)

Martin

TOG
Dublin Hackerspace

Blog; http://www.tog.ie