[tog] Tog Mobile App

kevin nally zombiekirby1990 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:15:11 GMT 2012

Thanks Sean. I can definitely understand your caution in approaching
augmented reality especially seeing as it is so new. Leaving augmented
reality for the 2.0 would also give you a bit more time to see what formats
and apps are working out the best. There are many fantastic things coming
out now for AR and the race is on between companies to be "THE" AR company.
For example:
http://blog.appboy.com/2012/02/augmented-reality-by-qualcomm-that-will-absolutely-blow-your-mind/
Of AR companies/packages the ones that I know of are Junaio/Metaio, Layar,
Qualcomm, Aurasma, String and ARtoolkit
I'm sad the unity route isn't being pursued as it allows the greatest
amount of freedom and creation with AR but seeing as I havent had a chance
myself to get a grips with the software I can't make a fair judgement. Best
of luck with all the other features though.
With regards doing some artwork for the TOG app I would be up for it but my
only problem is that my hands are tied for the next 2 and a half months
with college work as its my final year. Drop me a line when I'm an
unemployed graduate and I'm sure I could help out. Although I do warn you
that I do not have much design skills as I do Fine Art. Anyway! I'll
continue watching this message thread for interesting things
-Kevin