[tog] Tog Mobile App

Sean Nicholls seannicholls at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:57:21 GMT 2012

Hi All,

So one of the things that I "do" is make mobile apps, for Android, iOS, Windows Phone 7 etc.

I was thinking about making a Tog mobile app. Why an app for Tog? well, beyond the whole "why the hell not" reason, which is pretty damn good if you ask me, I think it could do no harm in getting the word out. It'd also be an exercise for myself in making an app which spans all of the major smart phone app market places at once. Additionally, it could add some nice features which would be useful to members.

Obviously, I don't want to do this unilaterally and would like some input if people are up for such a thing, or if anyone would be against such a thing etc.

I was thinking at least for version one that it would have:

* Google Map of Tog, possibly routes to public transport to get to Tog

* Tog is Open/Closed

* Tog Gallery (photos from the Tog.ie) gallery

* any other cool ideas people come up with (Augmented reality?)

I don't know what the deal is with *other* hacker spaces having their own apps or not, but I think it'd be a cool thing to have.

So what do you guys think?

- Sean