[tog] Activities for the next couple of days

Robert Fitzsimons robfitz at 273k.net
Thu Jun 14 11:27:36 IST 2012

We've a number of activities happening over the next couple of days and
we'd like you to get involved.

On Saturday and Sunday from noon to late evening we'll be having our
regular Synchronous Hackathon
(https://www.tog.ie/2012/06/synchronous-hackathon-5/).  The very simple
idea for the weekend is to "Make Something", which is inspired by the
following video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otrgJ8Lmx4).

Also on Saturday we'll be hosting a talk by Dublin Skeptics in the Pub
on Biomaterials, Biotechnology, and perceived ownership of a human body
(https://www.tog.ie/2012/06/talk-biomaterials-biotechnology-perceived-ownership-human-body/)
from 16:30.

Tuesday will be our regular Locking Picking night from 19:30.

We are planning to submit a game project for Science Gallery's GAME
exhibition (http://www.sciencegallery.com/game) in the autumn.  So on
Tuesday evening we'll also be having a planing meeting.  And we are
looking to get a diverse group together to work on it so we need writer,
artists, developers, etc.

We're making a long talked about change to Electronics and Micro
Controller Group Night.  So there will be no group night this Monday,
we'll follow up with more details in another email.

Robert