[tog] presentation

Rémy LASSALLE-BALIER lassallebalier.remy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:53:59 IST 2012

Hi everybody,

I write to the list to say hello. I am Rémy, I am about to join you folks. Some of you may have seen me on tuesday last week, I maid a quick apparition.
So let me present me quickly. I am 28 years old and as my first name suggest, I am french. I am a postdoc in physics in Trinity College (so for those of you who are looking for all computers or old printers to disassemble or to get parts I can show you the place of your dreams).
Amongst the thing I know (but I am very far from being an expert) and do there is some programming (C/C++, php ...), a bit of mechanics (design and fab) and bakery. If I can be of any help to anyone on one of these subjects do not hesitate to ask me questions, I would be very glad to give some advise (if I know the answer).
Currently my main interests are making CNC machines, especially I am trying to build a 3D printer. So I guess I will be wandering quite a lot in both the workshop and attending the microcontroller evenings.
I have also seen on internet that there was a project to build a laser cutter (lasersaur project). I hope I could give a hand on that.

See you one of these days

Rémy