[tog] Science gallery project collaboration

karla suler karla.suler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:50:32 IST 2012

Hey guys, sorry for crossposting, a young Croatian artist is looking for
some collaborators on her project in Science gallery's "Hack the city",
it's her first time in Dublin, and any help would be much appreciated.
anyone with any skills is more than welcomed to contribute. here's a short
info about the project, so if u have time to help and will to display ur
skills and knowledge in Science gallery apply on the bottom link. hacking
fun and good karma guaranteed. ;) Best regards Karla.

'Thank you for recycling' is about drawing attention to the recycling
habits by hacking recycling bins and converting them into public art
installations.
We are going to put a few of these recycling bins (for paper, plastic,
glass, bio degradable material..) in the public area, somewhere as close as
possible to the heart of Dublin. Each bin will have sensors for the waste
which will count total amount of it by the end of the day. During the
night, the bin will visualize output of its sensor on a display which will
cover part of its surface. Display will be formed of modules of layered
glass, led lights and photovoltaic solar cells which will absorb energy
from the sun during the day. We will decide how to represent this data in
creative and customizable ways and decide about design and other details of
implementation. Also, there is a possibility to use datasets of recycling
quantities of the city and to visualize them on led displays and on the web
page that will accompany the project together with the information about
recycling bins. The whole project itself will be good for environment
combining both renewable energy sources and recycling while at the same
time will be amazing public art sculpture and real time visualization of
"good citizens' deeds".

And more details about this and other projects:
http://medialab-prado.es/article/interactivos12_dublin_hackear_la_ciudad_necesidades_actuales_y_futuras(it
might open in spanish, so just change the language)
of course, if you're interested in other projects also, you can join and
help on any project you want.
My project is open to your ideas - all about design and implementation can
be modified as we decide.

We will have workspace for our team (table and chairs, power access point
and wifi in science gallery, access to soldering irons etc needed for
electronics)
technical materials for recycling hack including: flexible solar cell,
micro controller (lightduino), batteries and charger, LED light
fixtures/strips, LED driver M5451, PING ultrasonic sensor, resitors,
condensers, breadboards, Seven Segment Displays, shifter)
1 x Bin. And lot of fun I hope

So if you are interested, please apply as a collaborator on this page:
http://medialab-prado.es/article/interactivos_dublin_call_collaborators
and we also have forum:
http://servidor.medialab-prado.es/~foros/punbb-1.4.1/viewforum.php?id=28
and my topic:
http://servidor.medialab-prado.es/~foros/punbb-1.4.1/viewtopic.php?id=32911

As you can see I have just one collaborator applied for now so it would be
good to have more hackers, diy electronic geniuses, anyone interested.
And I think our 'trash team' will have a great time there!
<http://medialab-prado.es/article/interactivos12_dublin_hackear_la_ciudad_necesidades_actuales_y_futuras>
*Interactivos?'12 Dublín: Hackear la ciudad. Necesidades actuales y futuras
- Resumen de proyectos
se<http://medialab-prado.es/article/interactivos12_dublin_hackear_la_ciudad_necesidades_actuales_y_futuras>
*
medialab-prado.es
Resumen de las seis propuestas seleccionadas mediante convocatoria
internacional para ser desarrolladas durante el taller de producción
Interactivos?'12 Dublín: Hackear la ciudad. Necesidades actuales y futuras,
que tendrá lugar en la Science Gallery (Dublín) entre el 11 y el 26 de
julio.