[tog] Darklight Festival - next weekend

Sinead Ni Bhroin sinead at darklight.ie
Fri Aug 17 16:17:45 IST 2012

Hi All,

Apologies for any cross posting - a quick email to you to let you know that Darklight Festival is on next weekend, 23 - 26 August.

We're really excited about the program me highlights of which include a drone workshop with Loitering Theatre, discussions on Indie Gaming, a 36 hour GameJam, LoFi vs HiFi VFX as well as public interviews with Seamus McGarvey, Terence Davies and Iceland music and documentary filmmaker Kirstin Björk Kristjánsdóttir.

Our launch is on next Thursday from 6pm, if you're free to attend email rsvp at darklight.ie with 'Launch' and your name in the email subject, with the opening film Grandma LoFi screening at 8pm.

I've included some information on the festival below.

Darklight Festival 2012: HiFi Vs LoFi >> Game On! 23 - 26 August 2012
Darklight Festival, which celebrates independent, DIY, animation and artist films, is delighted, in partnership with the IFI, to announce our Guest of Honour: iconic British Director Terence Davies (The Deep Blue Sea, The House of Mirth, Distant Voices Still Lives). Also attending the Dublin festival is Oscar Nominated Irish Cinematographer Seamus McGarvey (Avengers Assemble, Anna Karenina, We Need to Talk About Kevin, Atonement).

The festival theme HiFi Vs LoFi >> Game On! will take an in-depth look at visual effects in film from the micro to the supersized budget. We will also be delving into the gaming industry, from the most popular titles to the world of indie game design and the interconnections between games, film and animation.

Festival Highlights include:
- Terence Davies Season
- Seamus McGarvey
- In Conversation
- Masterclass with the Avengers Assemble Team
- Grabbers VFX Workshop
- Focus on Indie Gaming
- Kids Woskhops and Screenings

Film Premieres include Grandma LoFi, We Went To War, Indie Game: The Movie, Meet The Fokkens, The End Of The Earth Is My Home

Full programme and screening times available on www.darklight.ie. Tickets available via entertainment.ie/Darklight and IFI box-office.

Thanks for reading!

--
Warm Regards,