[tog] Game Jam competition at Darklight.ie on Friday 24th August - 7pm until 7am Sunday 26th August.

Rose Farrell bloodedrose at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:16:07 IST 2012

 Hey folks, there's going to be a GameJam contest on at the Darklight film
festival this year. I hope some of you can take part! See belowfor tasty
tasty details. The event should be going up on the Darklight site today,
along with the rules and whatnot. If you've any questions or suggestions,
get back to me anyway. :D*

*~ Rose*

Game Jam competition at Darklight.ie on Friday 24th August - 7pm until 7am
Sunday 26th August.
*

*Have you ever wanted to make a computer game but don’t have the time? Just
said to yourself “I bet it takes forever to design and write a game.” You
don’t need forever. You only need a weekend and a few friends.*

*This year Darklight is hosting our very first competitive GameJam event in
the Factory, Barrow St, Dublin.
*

*A GameJam is a fixed amount of time where people, usually in teams come
together in a shared space to make a game from start to finish.*

*What can you make in 36 hours? Get together with your friends, with your
workmates, with your college buddies. Collaborate. Create something.*

*Anyone can get involved. Programmers, illustrators, musicians, artists,
writers. If you are interested but don’t know anyone else who is up for it,
get in touch with our lovely team coordinator at **Rosef.events at gmail.com** and
she’ll match you up with a team! *

*For 36 hours teams will each work on building a game around a common
theme. The theme is super secret and will only be revealed just before the
competition starts! If you have a suggestion for what the theme could be,
email it to **Rosef.events at gmail.com* <Rosef_events at gmail.com>

*Games will be judged by a local, home-grown games company and a Fabulous
Prize will be given to the winners!*

*For more information on the GameJam concept check out **
http://globalgamejam.org/* <http://globalgamejam.org/>

*If you have any questions email:
**Rosef.events at gmail.com*<Rosef_events at gmail.com>

*F.A.Q will be up on the Darklight site soon!*

*To enter email the name of at least one participant and the name of your
team to** **Rosef/events at gmail.com* <Rosef_events at gmail.com>