[tog] Fwd: Coin project

Will Knott Will at WillKnott.ie
Wed Nov 30 14:43:14 GMT 2011

Simplest and quickest...
Set up a coin slot to read a dropped coin as a USB keyboard key press...
have a screen play a random animation on a key press (or particular key).

Its possible that the detection part was already don for the MAME machines.
Getting the animation is the harder part.
(but from memory, there is an archive of public domain cartoon shorts
in the US National Archives Online)

http://www.archive.org/details/animationandcartoons

Will