[tog] Fwd: Coin project

Daniel Cussen dan at post.com
Wed Nov 30 10:41:35 GMT 2011

Hi Conor and TOG people,

Regarding the coin dropping mechanism, TOG has a few arcade machines.
Each of these has a coin slot which we don't use. Generally these have
fancy sensors for detecting which type of coin is inserted and it
rejects some types.

However generally they have a simple switch at the end which detects
if a coin has been inserted. This might be the way to go.

These units are quite old and may not accept euro and may need to be
modified to accept any coin type. If you come to the TOG social this
Saturday I can look at the units with you and see if they meet your
needs.

Regards,

Dan