[tog] February Live Stream

Jeffrey Roe jeffreyroe at tog.ie
Sat Feb 6 19:09:00 CET 2021

Hello all,

We are back and hosting a new live stream next Tuesday the 9th of
February from 7 pm. Tune into our Youtube channel to see makers
showcase their projects in short 15-minute talks followed by a live
Q&A. Check out the projects below.

Link To Live Steam

https://youtu.be/uY03CSh96Kk

More info visit
https://www.tog.ie/2021/02/february-live-stream/

Talks

Project Title: Conversion of Victorian Clothes Mangle to Printing press
Project Description: I’ll be talking through the process of converting
a cast-Iron clothes mangle into a printing press for printing
etchings, relief prints and letterpress. I’ll be giving a quick demo
of my press in action and showing some work I’ve made on my press
along and some experiments I’ve tried with 3D printed printing plates
and some upgrades I’d like to make on the press in the future
Bio: I’m a multidisciplinary designer, artist and educator
Speaker: Louise Nolan.

Project Title: Handtooled leather bookmarks
Project Description: Join Crafty Nathan as he makes leather boom marks
from scratch, hand-tooled dyed, stained and sealed. All the simple
steps in making a leather product. This talk will be great for
beginners who want to start in the hobby or just a fun project to
enjoy!
Speaker: Nathan Wheeler.

Project Title: Fail it till you make it.
Project Description: A wander around the idea of failure and our
occasionally poor relationship with it, from the perspective of a
woodturner.
Bio: Tom Murphy is an occasional woodturner. He has competed and won
several awards nationally and locally. His tear cure cancer and he
writes his own bios.
Speaker: Tom Murphy

Jeffrey Roe