[tog] OWASP events

Tony Clarke tony.clarke at owasp.org
Tue Jul 5 17:41:45 CEST 2016

Hi TOG community,

There are a few OWASP Dublin events coming up and we wanted to share them
with you. Please feel free to share the events with friends and colleagues,
the more the merrier!

*28th July - Threat Intelligence*
Threat intelligence has become a component of many cybersecurity programmes
in the last number of years. The rationale is that actionable threat
intelligence provides the necessary context and technical details
surrounding a threat so cybersecurity teams can quickly assess cyber risk
and implement proactive controls.  Finger food and some small prizes will
be provided on the evening.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/owasp-isaca-threat-intelligence-meeting-tickets-26326796156

*22nd September - Cryptography*
This event is a great opportunity for anyone based in Dublin to see Simon
Singh speak. Simon is author of ‘the code book’ who will be bringing an
Enigma machine used by the Germans to encrypt message in World War 2.
Candid Wueest will also be speaking, Candid is the principle threat
researched for Symantec Security Response and has presented at blackhat and
all the major security conferences in the past. We'll have a number of
other speakers on blockchain, cybercurrencies and other aspects of
cryptography.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cryptography-the-science-of-secrets-tickets-26337059855

We hope to see you there.

Thanks,