[tog] Torrent Security

Schrodinger schrodinger at konundrum.org
Mon Jul 1 10:37:05 IST 2013

Hello Robert,

This type of email isn't really appropriate to our mailing list.

Thanks for the offer but in future can you refrain but sending this kind
of email to our mailing list.

If you're interested in data privacy Tog has hosted the Dublin
Cryptoparty in the past, they have a mailing list.

http://www.tog.ie/2012/11/cryptoparty-tog/

Just to note that while participating in private community trackers this
does not mean that your Internet usage isn't all of a sudden protected
or hidden. There are a number of factors that need to be considered.

You have mentioned HTTP and HTTPS trackers. This is the *tracker* and
the fact that SSL may or may not be used for the Bit Torrent announce.
This does not mean that any encryption is used between the peers
participaing within that trackers swarm. At the end of the day though
bit torrent traffic is still rather easily identifiable by an ISP
without needing to inspect the content of the data.

I haven't personally tried BT Guard with http://legaltorrent.net/ so I
do not know what the performance of the connection when proxying through
them is like.

Kind regards,
Schrodinger.