[tog] 3d prunter

Philip Ashmore contact at philipashmore.com
Sat Sep 29 19:58:37 IST 2012

On 29/09/12 13:27, Dave Head wrote:

> Hey Philip
>
> Not 100% on how to reply to the tog emails.

Just send your reply (like I'm doing here) direct to the list email address.

> But I do have a 3d printer if yer needed something printed.
>
> It's an ultimaker printer.
>
> Cheers
> Dave

Thanks for the offer!

A few things you should do when making such an offer
  - quote a price
    You may get many requests, so factor in
    - the cost of materials
    - your time and expertise
    - cost of electricity
    - wear and tear on the printer
  - set a limit on the number of prints you do for others (unless it's
your business!)
  - make it clear what the result will be like
    - precision - is there a precision/speed trade-off?
    - can different materials be used?
      Maybe some materials are harder, quicker to print, different
colours etc.
    - photos or videos of previous prints - even bring some along to the
next tog!
    - physical limitations - can it do overhangs? Struts?

Just add any comments in-line and email it to the list.

Regards,
Philip