[tog] [fullmembers] Exploit-Excercises.com - Learn how to exploit Linux.

mark cunningham markcunninghamemail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:52:55 IST 2012

Hey yeah i just happened to stumble onto this site myself recently and
have been working through them.

Don't worry, the first vm, nebula, doesn't have any buffer overflows
in it. While it's written in C, it's all just bad logic, $PATH and
race conditions. If all the challenges were written in another
language i still think it would work.

Just an FYI, the getflag doesn't actually do anything but once you can
execute it, just move on. Emailed the guys:

"It doesn't do anything, just a way of knowing if you have completed
the level correctly.At Ruxcon, getflag actually updated the scoring
server, but that doesn't matter for the distributed VM image."

Mark