[tog] [fullmembers] Exploit-Excercises.com - Learn how to exploit Linux.

Bacon Zombie baconzombie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:00:37 IST 2012

Hey Rory,

I'd look to see a group working on this kind of thing start up in the space.
Hopefully not to much C Code knowledge is need...

Probably best to start off with an informal meetup once or twice a
week to see how it goes.

On a side note, does anybody know if the new small HP N40L {?}  in the
range is owned by a member or for the space? Would be a great little
VM system if we fill it with 8Gb of ram and a 1TB/2TB HD.

Regards,

On 11 April 2012 10:47, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone seen this? http://exploit-exercises.com/
>
> They provide some Linux VMs with some exploitable holes and guide you
> through various levels of hacking them. Starts of quite basic (
> http://exploit-exercises.com/nebula ), and has a nice granular level
> progression. If you're like me and interested in learning more about
> infosec, this is interesting. (Though it has a lot of C code, which is
> annoying :P )
>
> Twould be cool sometime to get a pile of us together in tog some
> day/evening and try to work our way through them. Try to figure it out
> on our own, help each other if we get stuck etc. (Course someone there
> who's experienced in exploiting software to give help if we get stuck
> might be helpful).
>
> Would anyone else be interested in that sort of group hacky thing?
>
> Rory

BaconZombie

LOAD "*",8,1