[tog] SOPA Debate

Sean Nicholls seannicholls at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:52:05 IST 2012

Thats not exactly true. I'll paste in what I wrote on my blog:

Minister Sherlock informed me that he did not wish to participate in a panel with Simon McGarr,  that he desired a balanced debate and that he felt that the panel would be better as a smaller contingent (at that time there were 5 total in the panel including the chair, John Kennedy).

So in order to maintain the event and to still give people the chance to have their questions answered,  criticisms heard etc. I called Simon and asked that he step down from the panel. He agreed.

Some bullet points:

* Simon was never uninvited from the event,  only asked to step down from the panel.

* Simon was personally invited,  by myself,  to participate in the same manner as every other public person may do,  by participating in the Q&A. Simon accepted.

* I never mentioned a scheduling conflict.

Sean