[tog] Debian

Martín Ferrari martin.ferrari at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 12:55:29 GMT 2011

Hi there!

My first message on the list. So, first let me introduce myself...

I am Martín Ferrari, known in some places and IRC servers as Tincho. I
am from Argentina, and living in Dublin since January.. I am Free
Software enthusiast and Debian Developer (DD).

I have been attending some of the lock picking sessions at the TOG,
and in the last time I was there, I got the suggestion that if I
present a talk on Debian stuff, there will be some interest.

So, I would like to know if there is more people that would be
interested in such a talk, what topics would be more interesting, and
finally, how would be the administrative procedure to set it up, in
case the TOG is actually interested in such an event happening.

Some topics I could talk about are: Debian philosophy, how things work
in Debian (technically and/or organisation-wise), how to get involved,
or even some introduction to packaging. Of course, you know better
than me what would you all be interested in hearing about, so
suggestions are welcomed!

--
Martín Ferrari